British Wheelchair Basketball’s Safeguarding Procedures detail how to recognise, respond, record, report and refer safeguarding concerns.
They should be read in conjunction with the below policies, statements and guidance which can be accessed via the policies library:
- Safeguarding Policy
- Codes of Conduct
- Disciplinary Policy
- Closed Training Session Policy
- Safer Recruitment Guidance
- Away Trips and Hosting Guidance
- Safe Use of Changing Facilities Guidance
- Photography and Livestream Guidance
- Physical Contact in Sport Guidance
- Personal Care Guidance
- Responding to Allergies Guidance
There are three processes for responding to a concern about abuse or neglect:
- Concerns about abuse in or outside of the family setting.
- Concerns about abuse or poor practice from BWB staff.
- Concerns about abuse or poor practice from an individual in wheelchair basketball but not employed by us (e.g. club coach, committee member, official or volunteer).
Each process has its own simple flowchart for you to follow, however if at any time you are unsure what process to follow, please contact BWB’s Lead Safeguarding Officer.