6th April 2009 – Present
Favourite aspects of your job:
Meeting amazing people from across the sector that are committed to developing opportunities for people to participate in inclusive sport from the playground to the Paralympics.
When the Great Britain Senior Women and Senior Men had such a successful World Championships in Hamburg, Germany 2018. All of the work we had committed to from Junior Championships to UK Schools Games through to the Paralympics all paid off.
- Behaviour and Exclusion Mentor Leicester
- Youth and Engagement Officer for Leicester City Council
- Assistant Manager of Sport Action Zone Leicester
- Equality Manager at Northamptonshire Sport Partnership
- HND Youth and Community – De Montfort University
- HND Sport and Exercise – Loughborough College
- YMCA Gym Instructor Level 2
- Prince 2 Practitioner
- Into Sport Tutor
Advice for anyone thinking about a career in your role:
Gather as much experience of working at a range of levels within the community / sport. This will support you to: identify, understand and recognise barriers and solutions people may face in delivering and participating in sport and physical activity.
Be sure to widen and extend your network with effective communication based on trust. This will pay dividends when working to increase participation locally, regionally and nationally.