Round 3 Opens
Round 3 Closes
British Wheelchair Basketball have created an opportunity for BWB affiliated clubs to apply for a £100 grant to assist them in their Return to Play preparations.
The grant will provide support towards the cost of cleaning equipment, signage and additional equipment in order to reduce the risk of COVID-19 during club sessions.
Return to Play - Mobilisation Fund
*Grants available up to £100 per club*
- Clubs must be affiliated to British Wheelchair Basketball for the 2020/21 season
- Session participants/coaches/attendees must hold membership with BWB
- Covid-19 Officer appointed and logged on the BWB membership system
- A confirmed start date for session delivery
- Regularity of sessions
- Completion of risk assessments
- Ongoing evaluation between club and BWB with regards best practice and learning
- Confirmed list of items to be purchased with the grant.
Clubs can use the grant to purchase the following to support their club’s Return to Play:
- Cleaning equipment (disinfectant wipes, sanitiser, etc)
- First aid
- Face masks/coverings
- Additional equipment to facilitate the session
All successful clubs will be required to monitor all sessions and participants on the BWB Playwaze system.
The following data will be required for your session delivery.
- Participant details
- Activity details: venue/facility used to deliver sessions
There are a number of entities we won’t be able to fund through the Mobilisation Fund:
- Unaffiliated organisations
- Sole traders
- Organisations not established in the UK
- Companies that can pass on profits generated from funding to directors, members or shareholders.
A few other things to consider
This mobilisation grant is to support clubs to be able to provide a safe return to playing wheelchair basketball. People wanting to participate in wheelchair basketball do so on an ‘opt in’ basis.
Gathering your support documents
You will need to provide us with the following documents:
- Estimates of costs for items you may purchase with the grant