British Wheelchair Basketball is continuously monitoring and reassessing the situation with regards to Coronavirus.
Although there are no current plans to cancel British Wheelchair Basketball competition, events or fixtures, the decision will be revised on a day-by-day basis with any updates communicated immediately to clubs and members.
Please continue to check our COVID-19 guidance page for the latest updates, guidance and advice.
Should any of ours clubs or teams have any concerns for our membership regarding a fixture or game, then they are able to cancel them under the rule amendments published on Wednesday.
The health and well-being of our community is of upmost importance and we urge anyone who is thinking of participating in a British Wheelchair Basketball fixture or training, either as a player, spectator, team member or official to keep in mind that many members of our community are considered ‘vulnerable’ and that the governments’ guidance must be adhered to.
Should you show signs of either a high temperature or new continuous cough please stay at home for seven days (Government Guidance)
Ahead of this weekend’s fixtures, we are asking clubs and members to follow the following guidance:
- BWB Community Well-being: Should any member of your community/team be unwell please ensure that they do not travel to any fixtures or training and follow government guidance.
- Fixture Cancellation: Should a fixture need to be cancelled due to factors linked to Coronavirus (venue closure, team availability, etc) please refer to the updated rules below, and contact British Wheelchair Basketball at the earliest convenience email@example.com.
- Venue Guidance: We urge team’s hosting fixtures to ensure that their venues can provide the following:
- Hand Sanitiser
- Anti-bacterial Hand Wash
- Equipment: Prior to arriving at the venue, please ensure all equipment, including chairs, wheels, rims, are wiped down thoroughly using anti-bacterial wipes.
- Hand Washing (Alongside government advice): On arrival to the venue, please use any anti-bacterial hand gel to thoroughly clean your hands. If you don’t have any, please go to the nearest bathroom and wash your hands with soap and hot water for approximately 20 seconds.
- Venue: Any time you leave the sports hall, hands must be washed or cleaned with anti-bacterial gel upon return.
- Competition Formalities: There will be no shaking of hands between teams and officials at fixtures or events.
- Should you need to cough or sneeze, please cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve, vest or another material. Do not use your hands.
Any questions or queries related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and British Wheelchair Basketball fixtures and events, please:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 01509 279900